Sunday, October 12, 2014

What's In A Name?

I am shamefully going to admit that I spent the last two days trying to think of a name for my blog. I don't think it should have been so difficult, except I was not a hundred percent sure what I would write about. I have read hundreds of blogs over the last few years, down loaded the apps, got the emails, and pinned the links. I just never thought it would really be something I could do myself. I'm still not convinced it is, but my sister says I'm better at this kind of thing than I give myself credit for. I asked her for help to pick a name. (She still has not got back to me on that, I'm thinking I just start blogging and see how long it takes her to figure it out .) She started by asking me what I would post about, my natural response was, "Hell if I know." Which is true, and if anyone ever follows me they'll learn I speak several languages, "real talk, profanity, and sarcasm."  I tried to tell my sister I probably wouldn't write anything anyone would want to read. She has a blog herself, which is where some of my inspiration came from to make one myself. It might be because I'm the younger one (by 364 days) but to me my sister does everything right. She got all the good genes from the pool and I got left with the duds. I'm sure it's probably not true, but when she can create things from thin air, sing in a way that people actually want to listen, and the most aggravating of all the "skinny gene" It makes it hard to still love her. Just kidding. She's my best friend. She's my go to for everything. I told her no one would want to read about a single party girl with domestic skills and she convinced me otherwise. Today I got to thinking about a name again, so I do what I always do, I Googled it. That turned into a couple hour process of no purpose what so ever. I did learn a few things about the origins of popular  sayings and when the deadline for early registration for a 5k I wanna run is, but no help with a name. I finally got frustrated and went against all the tips and guidelines I had read over those couple hours and went with a phrase I use on a daily basis, I left off the first two words I commonly use with it, but I think the point comes across. 





Me and My Sister.

Check out her blog: 
 http://fiveasoned.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Excellent first post, Little Sister! I love you! I have no doubt that you’re capable of creating a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. You have to say that, you're my sister. Lol. Love you too.

    ReplyDelete