Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Here's to Accountability...

Let me begin with saying I love me. I think loving yourself is a huge important thing. If you don't love yourself, no one can. I love my outlook on life, my independence, even my short temper and impatience. What I'm about to talk about is my health, and the only reason I'm posting about this is for some accountability in my life. It's too easy for the people who love you  to tell you look great just the way you are or say I'll start next week. So this is me establishing accountability for myself and the push to start now. 




The picture on the left is me 3 years ago. The picture on the right is me last year. Now I'm some where in the middle. I feel like I'm more to the left most days. Point being I want to be me on the right again. I lost 81 lbs in less than a year. I didn't do it for all the right reasons, I didn't go about it the best way, but I loved the shape I was in at my smallest. I loved the energy I had and how easy shopping for clothes became, being able to run up the stairs without getting winded, I loved how people would tell me I was inspiring and their motivation. I took phentermine and yes it works like everyone says it does, I also worked out at least 4 days a week. The problem with taking Phentermine is when you stop taking phentermine. Your body's metabolism slumps big time.I haven't had Phentermine in a long time and it took months for me to feel a balanced level of energy again. I went from the constant wide awake almost jittery to struggling to make it through the work day. When I was first on Phentermine I worked at a hospital and only had to work 3 days a week 12 hour shifts so I always had plenty of free time to go workout or walk/run the track. Now I work at a doctor's office 5 days a week 8-5. Even on my busiest days I do not come near the pace or foot work I did at the hospital. I've gotten lazy and out of shape and stopped worrying about the food I eat as much as I used to. We get catered to at work often by the pharmaceutical reps and not to mention the treats and candies our patients bring us. So there's always temptation. I don't plan on going crazy and working out 5 days a week or eating salad without dressing every meal. I want to start slower, work out 3 days a week and make better food choices. I'm making a lifestyle change this time. Long-term, no quick fixes, or easy way out.

Let me introduce you to my jars. These jars are apart of my accountability. On the left is the number of pounds in gems I want to lose. On the right is the jar I put each "pound" in as I lose it. I'm going to post it on my blog weekly or biweekly as apart of my accountability.


Any words of encouragement, tips, or positivity is welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I need someone to hold me accountable, too! I printed out a nice, neat workout chart and only got to day 7. /smh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My last challenge I got to about day 15. I need food challenges too, like no soda or no fried food for 7 days, stuff like that. Lol

      Delete